What is done to assist companies during the start-up phase?
- Create an overall awareness in the company regarding the importance of adequate reading skills that form an important base for employee’s academic and social growth.
- Underline the importance of a reading literacy program in the company and the priority it should take with regards to decision making, focus and budgeting.
Establish Time Table
- Ensure that sufficient time is made available in the time table to ensure that employees are exposed to one well structured, fun-filled and productive 40 minute session per week. This will maintain adequate reading skills and provide exercise to employees who lack sufficient reading on their own
Specify Computer Centre(s)
- Identify a suitable room or space that can be converted into a computer centre and dedicated to the project.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of computers are available to accommodate the biggest class with regards to the number of employees in the class.
- Ensure that the ergonomic design is performed according to the prescribed guidelines.
- Mount all the equipment required.
- Identify the most suitable facilitator to successfully conduct and execute the learn to read and reading improvement program in line with the priority it should take regarding the overall education and growth of employees.
- Ensure participation from corporate management which is an essential part of the success of a reading improvement project. Facilitators seldom realise the negative impact of employees’ inadequate reading skills all over.
Ensure Facilitator Training
- Ensure proper facilitator training in the skills and art of learn to read as well as reading improvement.
- Supply specific learn to read as well as reading improvement training material and courses online to the benefit of facilitators.
- Activate the relevant programs as prescribed
- Register all participating employees on the program.
- Determine the reading levels of all participating employees.
- Analyse and interpret the results.
- Determine the learning strategy required based on the results.
- Set realistic reading improvement goals for each, section, department and employee.
How are companies supported on an ongoing base?
- Enhance, upgrade and improve our system.
- Implement system upgrades.
- Train facilitators in system upgrades.
- Solve problems regarding software.
- Provide technical support.
- Ensure that facilitators have access to our SM! online Training Academy at all times.
- Ensure individual employee access to the system if required.
- Ensure that training standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that learning strategies are executed.
- Assist in problem solving and the setting and achieving of new targets.
- Monitor and evaluate progress against the pre-set reading improvement goals by analysing results.
- Determine learning strategies based on results.
- Set achievable goals and milestones.
- Analyse progress with regards to the goals and milestones set.
- Make recommendations with regards to the adopted learning strategy.
- Make recommendations to ensure that the reading centre is managed productively.
- Evaluate the facilitators formally according to our national standards.
- Ensure that data is backed-up monthly for management and referral purposes.
Quarterly and Annually
- Prepare and produce employee progress reports.
- Ensure that employees are issued with attendance and/or achievement certificates based on results.
- Ensure that special certificates are presented as required.
- Ensure that facilitators are well prepared for the next term.
- Plan the continuation of the learning program and strategy for the next year.