The basic price for our services and programmes is based on the following aspects:
- Number of participating students;
- Distance between the institution and Stimulus Maksima! representative;
- Number of visits required per month;
- Number of computer centres used to lecture the programs;
- Level of assistance required by facilitators;
- Completion of facilitator training;
- Thorough facilitator training is an important prerequisite for success in the classroom. Training can be performed online through our online training academy.
Facilitators are normally identified for the literacy project. This person must be full time involved in the computer centre. Classes visit the computer centre according to periods allocated. A minimum of one period in a week cycle is sufficient. Facilitators have extensive responsibilities to ensure success and value for money. These responsibilities include:
- Integration with management;
- Frequent planning to support class work and to improve results;
- Extensive lesson preparation according to our prescribed standards, including resources and kinaesthetic exercises to optimise the learning opportunity.
- Regular feedback to management;
- Preparation of learner reports;
- Preparation of analyses to provide management with information.
Computers are a requirement to present our programs effectively. Computers could be rented from various companies. Our Stimulus Maksima! representative in your area will be able to make recommendations.
Ideally classes must be fit into the responsibilities. In some cases access at home to our programs can be recommended.
- The project can be phased over a period of two to three years by involving additional students gradually.
- The project can be initiated as a pilot project for a period of time to give management and students some experience regarding the benefits.
The system contains extensive analysis and report capabilities that enable management and facilitators to monitor the progress and performance of the following:
- Each participating students;
- Each year, faculty or department;
- The institution as a whole.
The system provides powerful management information that is available on the Internet to decision makers.
Reading Rocket – Afrikaans and English;
- Minimum requirements for equipment:
- Operating systems for server: Windows server 2003 or 2008;
- Operating systems for work stations: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8;
- Standalones or workstations:500 MB HDD, 512 MB RAM;
- Server for workstations: 1 GIG RAM;
- Server for thin client networks: 6 GIG RAM.
- Network types: Wireless intranet, wired intranet; thin client, or server with workstations.
- Internet: Access via Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10.
- Printer: Must be available for the printing of progress reports, analyses and summaries.
- Sufficient air conditioning.
No, the programmes function independent from the internet. Internet access is only required in the following cases:
- Results are added to the Internet database;
- Reports and analyses are generated;
- Parents want to monitor learner progress on the internet.
- HP Elitepad 900 G1 Tablet – 10.1″ Windows 8 Professional Tablet designed for Business
- HP Elitepad 1000 G2 Tablet – 10.1″ Windows 8 Professional Tablet designed for Business
- Asus Vivotab 10 3G W8 – ME400CL-1B017W
- Asus Transformer 10.1″ – TF600TG-1B047R
- Asus transformer – T100TA-DK017H
- Asus transformer – T100TA-DK015H
- Asus transformer – T100TA-DK042H
- Dell XPS 18 Tablet – XPS18-I73537-8500
- Dell Venue 11 Pro – CA04TV11P9JEMEAMBPRO
- Dell Venue 11 Pro – CA01TV11P9JEMEAMB
The program can be installed on any number of PC’s at no extra costs.
All information required is supplied to either company or outsourced technicians to install and activate our programmes. The company may also use our approved technicians at a prescribed price.
Due to the extensive perceptual and reading backlog, it would not be possible even with a class of only 25 employees. Our programme assists with the following:
- Determine perceptual and reading skills within one week.
- Determine the cause of the backlog;
- Provide suitable reading material to every participating employee;
- Monitor progress accurately;
- Make the necessary adjustments to ensure progress.
All of the above can only be achieved by a computer based system in the same period of time.
The system is computer based although additional exercise books for reading could be used.
A presentation can be done to any one or a group that wants to obtain more information.
- As results are captured real time, information is available when required.
- All results are captured on the internet based system on a monthly base for consolidated information per student, faculty, department and institution.