The basic price for our services and programmes is based on the following aspects:
- Number of participating leaners;
- Distance between the school and representative;
- Number of visits required per month;
- Number of products used by the school;
- Number of computer centres used to lecture the programs;
- Level of assistance required by educators;
- Completion of educator training;
- Thorough educator training is an important prerequisite for success in the classroom. Training can be performed online through our online training academy.
Educators are normally identified for the literacy and/or mathematics project. This person must be full time involved in the computer centre. Classes visit the computer centre according to periods allocated on the school timetable. A minimum of one period in a week cycle is sufficient. Although rare, educators could be available to educate other subjects depending on the number of learners that participate in the project. Educators have extensive responsibilities to ensure success and value for money.
These responsibilities include:
- Integration with Pre-School, Language and Mathematics educators;
- Quarterly planning to support class work and to improve results;
- Extensive lesson preparation according to our prescribed standards, including resources and kinaesthetic exercises to optimise the learning opportunity.
- Regular feedback to Pre-School, Language and Mathematics educators;
- Preparation of learner reports;
- Preparation of analyses to provide the school management team with management information.
Stimulus Maksima! could provide the school with personnel subject to the availability of personnel in the specific area.
Computers are a requirement to present our programs effectively. Computers could be rented from various companies. Our Stimulus Maksima!representative in your area will be able to make recommendations.
Ideally classes must be fit into the timetable of the school. In some cases home programmes for Reading Rocket and Maths Muncher will be recommended or private classes could be presented at the school premises if allowed by the school.
- Many schools start fund raising initiatives or get sponsors to finance the literacy project. Corporate Social Investment programmes are at the order of the day as big corporates want to become involved in the financing of literacy projects.
- The project can be phased over a period of two to three years by involving an additional grade or year group annually.
- The project can be initiated as a pilot project for a school quarter to give parents and learner some experience with the services and programmes. This could motivate parents to contribute more to the school fund.
The system contains extensive analysis and report capabilities that enable the school principle, governing body, educators and Stimulus Maksima! to monitor the progress and performance of the following:
- Each participating learner;
- Each class;
- Each grade;
- The school as a whole.
The system provides powerful management information that is available on the Internet to decision makers in the school as well as parents.
- Beginner’s Booster – in the language that both the educator and the learner prefer;
- Reading Rocket – Afrikaans and English;
- Maths Muncher – Afrikaans and English.
Minimum requirements for equipment:
- Operating systems for server: Windows server 2003 or 2008;
- Operating systems for work stations: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8;
- Standalones or workstations: 500 MB HDD, 512 MB RAM;
- Server for workstations: 1 GIG RAM;
- Server for thin client networks: 6 GIG RAM.
- Network types: Wireless intranet, wired intranet; thin client or server with workstations.
- Internet: Access via Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10.
- Printer: Must be available for the printing of progress reports, analyses and summaries.
- Sufficient air conditioning.
No, the programmes function independent from the internet. Internet access is only required in the following cases:
- Results are added to the Internet database;
- Reports and analyses are generated;
- Parents want to monitor learner progress on the internet.
Although not tested, it should work on the following Windows tablets:
- HP Elitepad 900 G1 Tablet – 10.1″ Windows 8 Professional Tablet designed for Business
- HP Elitepad 1000 G2 Tablet – 10.1″ Windows 8 Professional Tablet designed for Business
- Asus Vivotab 10 3G W8 – ME400CL-1B017W
- Asus Transformer 10.1″ – TF600TG-1B047R
- Asus transformer – T100TA-DK017H
- Asus transformer – T100TA-DK015H
- Asus transformer – T100TA-DK042H
- Dell XPS 18 Tablet – XPS18-I73537-8500
- Dell Venue 11 Pro – CA04TV11P9JEMEAMBPRO
- Dell Venue 11 Pro – CA01TV11P9JEMEAMB
Gauteng Online centres can be converted to a Windows based system that can accommodate all our programs within days at an affordable price.
The program can be installed on any number of PC’s at no extra costs.
All information required is supplied to either school or outsourced technicians to install and activate our programmes. The school may also use our approved technicians at a prescribed price.
Due to the extensive perceptual, read and mathematics backlog, it would not be possible even with a class of only 25 learners. Our programme assists with the following:
- Determine perceptual, reading and mathematics skills within one week.
- Determine the cause of the backlog;
- Provide suitable reading material to every learner;
- Monitor progress accurately;
- Make the necessary adjustments to ensure progress.
All of the above can only be achieved by a computer based system in the same period of time.
The system is computer based although additional exercise books for reading and mathematics could be used.
A presentation can be done to anybody or group of teachers that wants to obtain more information.
- As results are captured real time, information is available when required.
- All results are captured on the internet based system on a monthly base for consolidated information per learner, class, grade and school.